When looking for someone to share ideas and speak at your next event or meeting, contact Julie, with Ask Child Life.
Julie’s expertise is in helping children and families understand and cope with medical experiences. Working day in and day out, directly with children and families, allows her to share with you what works on a repeated basis.
By viewing the medical environment through the eyes of children and families, you can quickly help them feel more comfortable. This, along with using everyday language to explain the medical world prevents further stress and allows for positive coping.
Julie offers a wealth of information for families, academic programs, as well as business and community organizations who want to focus on supporting children and families going through medical experiences.
All presentations and discussions are individualized for your needs. Quick and easy tips that work, as well as more in-depth approaches to build confidence in working with children and their families will be provided.
Popular Topics Include:
- A Caregiver’s Guide: When children visit adults in the ICU
- Sharing the News: A family member needs medical treatment
- Talking with Kids: Their new diagnosis, medical tests, and procedures
- Helping children cope with hospitalization and medical treatment
- How to distract and support children during medical procedures
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
*Services currently not offered for organizations in North Carolina.